TERMS + CONDITIONS
In these terms and conditions, “we” “us” and “our” refers to Little House of Harlem. Your access to and use of all information on this website including purchase of our product/s is provided subject to the following terms and conditions. The information is intended for residents of Australia only.
We reserve the right to amend this Notice at any time and your use of the website following any amendments will represent your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions as amended. We therefore recommend that each time you access our website you read these terms and conditions.
You agree to ensure that your registration details are true and accurate at all times and you undertake to update your registration details from time to time when they change.
On registration, we provide you with a password and username.
On registration you agree to pay for our products as set out on our website.
We reserve the right to terminate your registration at any time if you breach these terms and conditions.
Our products are intended to be used by registered users within Australia only.
OUR ONLINE SHOP
Our products are available for purchase to adults over the age of eighteen (18) years. By proceeding to purchase through our website, you acknowledge that you are over 18 years of age.
All prices are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and are inclusive of GST. We endeavour to ensure that our price list is current. We reserve the right to amend our prices at any time.
• Our products are for sale to adults over the age of eighteen (18) years. By proceeding to purchase through our website, you acknowledge that you are over 18 years of age.
• We supply and despatch our products to customers within Australia only.
• We endeavour to ensure that our product list is current however we give no undertaking as to the availability of any product advertised on our website.
• If you have placed an order, we reserve the right to cancel your order should our prices change.
• All prices are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and are inclusive of GST. Our price list can be accessed from our home page and we reserve the right to amend our prices at any time.
• Packaging and postage is an additional charge, calculated at time of purchase.
• When you order from us, we require you to provide your name, address for delivery, your email address, telephone contact and credit card details. We undertake to take due care with this information; however in providing us with such information you accept that we are not liable for its misuse due to error in transmission or virus or malware.
• We undertake to accept or reject your order within 7 days. If we have not responded to you within 7 days, your order is deemed to be rejected. We are not required to give reasons for rejecting your orcer to purchase however the most likely reason for rejecting your order will be that we do not currently have that product in stock
• If you have placed an order, we reserve the right to cancel your order should our prices change.
• Delivery of your ordered product/s will be as set out on our website. Title in the goods passes to you when we have received payment. Our terms of payment are set out on the order page.
• All risk of loss or damage to the goods passes to you when we despatch the goods.
• We strive to ensure that our products are described as accurately as possible on our website, however we do not warrant that the description is accurate. Where we become aware of any misdescription, we reserve the right to correct any error or omission.
• Images have been provided for illustrative purposes only and we do not guarantee that any image will reproduce in true colour nor that any given image will reflect or portray the full design or options relating to that product.
ORDER CANCELLATION DUE TO ERROR
Where a product has been listed at the incorrect price or with incorrect descriptive information or image due to typographical error or similar oversight, we reserve the right to cancel a transaction.
Where your credit card has been charged, we will immediately refund your credit card for the total amount debited.
CHANGE OR CANCELLATION OF ORDERS
As we process your orders immediately for prompt delivery, we regret that cancellation or change to your order may not be possible unless we receive your request by phone or email within 24 hours placing your original order. No cancellation or change of orders will be accepted once your order has been dispatched.
We do not provide warranties of any kind on any of our products. All of our items are handmade and may have slight flaws and / or imperfections, including variations in colour.
• We undertake to replace any product delivered to you that is faulty or is in a damaged condition. If you wish to return a faulty or damaged product, you must notify us through our designated “contact us” webpage within 24 hours.
• If we are unable at the time of return to replace or exchange returned goods, we undertake to reimburse your credit card for the amount initially debited for the purchase including packaging and postage charges.
• Once you have notified us through our website that you wish to return faulty, damaged or undamaged product, you may return the product to one of our Australian registered offices so long as you provide valid proof of purchase eg. tax invoice, receipt and/or packaging slip.
• We are not obligated by law to issue you with a refund if you change your mind.
If you have damaged the goods yourself, or you have failed to take proper care of the goods we may not be able to provide you with a repair, refund or replacement. We advise to read our CARE FOR YOUR WARES instructions on our product page for our recommendations prior to purchasing our products.
• This website may from time to time contain hyperlinks to other websites. Such links are provided for convenience only and we take no responsibility for the content and maintenance of or privacy compliance by any linked website. Any hyperlink on our website to another website does not imply our endorsement, support, or sponsorship of the operator of that website nor of the information and/or products which they provide.
• Linking our website is not permitted. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if we become aware of such linking.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
• The copyright to all content on this website including applets, graphics, images, layouts and text belongs to us or we have a licence to use those materials.
• All trade marks, brands and logos generally identified either with the symbols TM or ® which are used on this website are either owned by us or we have a licence to use them. Your access to our website does not license you to use those marks in any commercial way without our prior written permission.
• Whilst we have taken all due care in providing the information on our website, we do not provide any warranty either express or implied including without limitation warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
• To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these terms and conditions is excluded.
• We also take all due care in ensuring that our website is free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse and/or malware, however we are not responsible for any damage to your computer system which arises in connection with your use of our website or any linked website.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
• To the full extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of an implied warranty or condition is limited to the supply of the services again or payment of the costs of having those services supplied again.
• If you are not a consumer within the meaning of Schedule 2 of the C&C Act then this clause applies to you. If you are a consumer within the meaning of the C&C Act then this clause has no effect whatsoever to in any way limit our liability or your rights. If you are not a consumer:-
- To the full extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of an implied warranty or condition is limited to the supply of the services again or payment of the costs of having those services supplied again.
- We accept no liability for any loss whatsoever including consequential loss suffered by you arising from services we have supplied.
- We do not accept liability for anything contained in the post of a user or in any form of communication which originates with a user and not with Us.
- We do not participate in any way in the transactions between our users.
• By accessing our website, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from all claims, actions, damages, costs and expenses including legal fees arising from or in connection with your use of our website.
• If a Force Majeure event causing delay continues for more than 30, we may terminate this Agreement by giving at least 7 Notice to you. “Force Majeure” means any act, circumstance or omission over which we could not reasonably have exercised control.
We undertake to take all due care with any information which you may provide to us when accessing our website. However we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you may provide to us. Information you transmit to us is entirely at your own risk although we undertake to take reasonable steps to preserve such information in a secure manner.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (http://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (http://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.